I’m including Amazon links so you can read about the book. Please consider ordering from a local bookseller near you! I’ve focused here on books that kids will spend a while looking at or reading, not storybooks.
Preschool (early or no reading)
- The Lost House – a fun and quirky hidden object books. Provides lots of entertainment
- This Is How We Do It – Features kids from all over the world and how they live
- Amazing Expeditions: Journey’s that Changed the World Anita Ganeri
- DK Smithsonian Super Space Encyclopedia, Clive Gifford
- A Charm of Goldfinches and Other Wild Gatherings: Quirky Collective Nouns of the Animal Kingdom, Matt Sewell
- Ask Magazine (my son has loved this magazine from ages 4 -7). For kids 6-9.
- Kazoo Magazine (aimed at girls ages 5-12). We have subscribed for three years. This is a fabulous magazine.
- Bravery Magazine (for all kids, features brave female role model in each issue).
- All Year Round – Waldorf-inspired celebrations for each time of the year
- Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids, Kim John Payne